Tree House Training Center for Farm Forestry and Horticulture
GPFA created the Tree House to guide the knowledge, skills and ability of Afghans to develop farm forestry and horticulture enterprises and enhance their productivity, helping rebuild these vital sectors of Afghanistan’s economy. The Tree House training and demonstration center is expanding the number of farmer-owned tree-based enterprises by bringing new technologies and approaches.
Tree House Goals
- develop best practices and disseminate them along with lessons learned from the experience of GPFA and others;
- provide facilities, workshops and seminars for training of extensionists, student interns and private farmers from across the country;
- provide trainees and interns access to a full range of tree-based enterprises through contacts with GPFA farmers;
- conduct farmer field schools and exchange programs;
- network with universities and leading national and international institutions;
- provide farmers access to credit, quality plant materials, farm supplies and new technologies that increase production and improve profits.